[Resolved] Service Incident Update: Projects Loading Slowly or Not At All, NPM Reinstalls, & Missing Code

I’m not sure you can permanently delete projects. Email support@glitch.com?

If I know that it cannot be deleted but when they are archived it allows you to reuse the name in another project but it does not appear to me in the archived projects area nor does it allow me to reuse the name and I will communicate by email to see that they respond to me

1 Like

Hi Glitch,
I’ve had problems lately with my discord bot hosting. Booting takes forever, and just today my bot refuses to boot with Glitch. I downloaded the code and hosted it myself and it worked. Could you please help me? I also tried emailing Glitch Support but there was no response for 3 days. Thanks.

I’m really sorry this has been happening!

Glitch has been having a few issues and that is probably the cause of this.

Are you getting any erorrs?

Easy Solution

Wait until glitch is back! https://status.glitch.com

Today i have updated a bunch of files and added like 2000 lines of code, all were removed after 1 hour, i would like to say to @Glitch_Response that, it was so poor, I had many important files

Hi there @Surgical_Crow!
I have had a similar issue where my project has reverted back to an older version or code has been lost. Please email support@glitch.com or create a ticket via Happyfox and they will restore one of their backups (they take these quite regularly - around every 30 mins to an hour I think). Please give them around 24-48 hours to respond :slight_smile:
Eddie

Received this after “refresh” :
node v12.0.0, with pnpm

10:50 PM

Installing...

Performing headless installation

ERROR  ENOSPC: no space left on device, rename '/rbd/pnpm-volume/store/2/store.json.1210373675' -> '/rbd/pnpm-volume/store/2/store.json' 

How do I access this file and change its name ?

My static site is failing to load.

Hi i have got problem with quick.db
SqliteError: disk I/O error
How can i fix it?

Also npm packages are auto uninstalling from my projects and sometimes i cant open Terminal (failed to start terminal).

Hello! I just got out of a meeting about the incident and wanted to share some additional info with you about what is going on:

• We had launched a few changes last week that significantly altered the way projects run. This caused some unexpected side effects that we have been working on since.
  • We are making some massive changes to our infrastructure to ultimately get to a place of much higher stability for the Glitch platform. Because these changes are large and affect critical pieces of our infrastructure, we risk instability in the meantime - and this time the change we made had an unexpected impact on project start times. It was very unexpected, so it took us a while to even understand what was happening.

What we are doing about it:

• We are undoing part of the change that we made to our infrastructure, the one that most contributed to the high project start times.
  • For our infrastructure changes going forward, we are going to try a different approach that we hope to have a more controlled effect on the system, trying as much as possible to leave existing projects alone and working on infrastructure changes in parallel.
  • All of this is working toward a faster, stabler Glitch in the coming weeks.

Until this incident is resolved, I will be posting any new information that I can share in this thread.

9 Likes

Did they say anything about Ping Services?

Wonderful! Thanks for passing the info to us! Maybe when doing infastructure changes use a different test Glitch site (a direct copy of the source code) to check if they work, like test.glitch.com, where only staff accounts can log on so it doesn’t affect other projects if something goes wrong :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s funny how changes to make Glitch more stable made Glitch less stable :joy:

2 Likes

Lol True It’s funny but a bit stupid

Thanks! I’m already seeing some improvement as the package reinstalling glitch for openradio and other projects has been fixed. Keep up the hard work, I hope to see glitch become stable in a few days!

4 Likes

Yeah. My index.js got replaced by dots.

hi @ToastyNIck the ping service is a thing that right now it’s not important for glitch, they prefear make the site always operational and fast, and that is the best choise that the team can do.

For that You should buy the Boost App on glitch.com

Hello,

Our team is investigating why the glitch site is not loading now. Updates will continue to be posted on status.glitch.com.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: :joy:
Hope it gets fixed soon! Good luck! Now, we thought the outage was bad!

Eddie

Looks to be fixed now!
Edit: I got bad gateway error before and now it loads but very slow :slight_smile: