Terminal Errors when using npm install

I’m running this command on the Glitch terminal:

npm install @slack/bolt@feat-socket-mode && npm install @slack/socket-mode@feat-socket-mode

But I keep getting these errors

tModeBeta.1
added 95 packages from 104 contributors, removed 4 packages, updated 2 packages and moved 75 packages in 28.793s

app@elegant-hissing-attic:~ 22:04
$

app@elegant-hissing-attic:~ 22:04
$ npm install @slack/bolt@feat-socket-mode && npm install @slack/socket-mode@feat-socket-mode
npm WARN rm not removing /app/node_modules/.bin/node-gyp-build as it wasn’t installed by /app/node_modules/node-gyp-build
npm WARN rm not removing /app/node_modules/.bin/node-gyp-build-optional as it wasn’t installed by /app/node_modules/node-gyp-build
npm WARN rm not removing /app/node_modules/.bin/node-gyp-build-test as it wasn’t installed by /app/node_modules/node-gyp-build
npm WARN rm not removing /app/node_modules/.bin/mime as it wasn’t installed by /app/node_modules/mime
npm WARN ws@7.3.1 requires a peer of bufferutil@^4.0.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN ws@7.3.1 requires a peer of utf-8-validate@^5.0.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

I installed the bufferutil and uft-8-validate dependencies but I keep getting the same errors.

I get the same error regardless of which dependency I try to install, npm is not working at all for me. Any ideas?

These are just warnings - in theory they shouldn’t make a difference to how your app works. (Please someone correct me if I’m wrong.)
Can you try running refresh and then seeing if the dependencies are in your package.json file?
Also, for future reference, you don’t need to use multiple npm install commands - you can just put it once followed by all the dependencies you need to install separated by spaces. But that shouldn’t make a difference in how it works.
Happy Glitching!

1 Like

npm WARN means nothing - that you should do

sure, try doing the things it says but it’s not needed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.