Using server-side in glitch

I was wondering how you are supposed to use server-side languages like MYSQL & PHP. PLZ reply, logabe

Hi Logabe,

We have a proof of concept project here that you can remix which will let you explore using PHP and MySQL on Glitch: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/lamp-poc

Both are not officially supported, but should work enough to see if it meets your needs.

Good luck!

1 Like

I know this says “proof of concept”, but when you remix the project you posted above it doesn’t work. Apparently the script files linked are hiding when remixing the project. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @dajhmaster,

try to make a simple edit to glitch.json, like adding a new line at the end, and it will start working. It is a small bug that you just found :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, weird! It works now. I edited the php file before and it did not work.

Any clue as to how to connect to the database?

$ service mysql status
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

from the Console:

mysql -u app -p

password is gomix

1 Like

Thank You :slight_smile:

Hi, how do you change the password? Can we add new users? How about root access?

Hi @wini3d, welcome to the Glitch forum!

I think you’re asking specifically about the ability to make these sorts of changes to the Glitch project container; we have no plans to support any of those features at this point. Sorry for the bother!

Ok got it. I guess I’ll have to use a remote MySQL db to secure the credentials. Thanks @cori

1 Like