What's the port range users have at Glitch?

“…connections are directional when you look at them in more detail.”

This is new to me: connections being directional. What does directional mean in this context? Since, my assumptions were both platforms are in a level of sophistication that both easily take this nitty gritty out from the hands of the dev as long as webhook has been set. They’ll take care of the rest, so to speak.

“this thread is about telegram connecting to glitch, and your thread, at least as titled, suggests a connection going from glitch to telegram.”

I have indeed arrange my words sensibly to convey that it is connection going from glitch towards telegram since my default thinking is that problem is in the code I have setup at Glitch’s end.

“maybe that’s an unintentional bit of imprecision in the wording? or it might be precise and unrelated”

At the onset, I had doubts my wording might be perceived as imprecise but that’s now changed. So the later then?

So, where do I go to learn or whom do I ask to fix my connectivity problem? Do I go straight to Glitch’s Admin Team or one of Telegram’s gc community that’s versed with the API? Or Google’s search? Which would be most optimal?

I haven’t had any issues with outgoing connections other than this one time gitlab was blocking connections from glitch. If such a situation is happening with telegram as well, my best guess for where to ask is either here, as you already have, or ask telegram. if, as you say, they have a community of some sort, then that might be a fine place to ask.

what does directional mean in this context?

it’s as you suspect, it’s something lower down in the layers of abstraction. does it work by a glitch project making requests to something like https://telegram-server.example.net/load-recent-messages or does it work by some system on the telegram side making requests to https://my-project.glitch.me/messages-arrived? it might even use some combination of both, and you’ll probably have to figure out which one is going wrong.

they’ll take care of the rest

they’ll try, at least. to the best of their ability :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

the best we can hope for is that they don’t follow the “take the nitty gritty out from the hands of the dev” philosophy when it comes to error handling. it’s going to be pretty hard to resolve this if all you have is the nitty-gritty-removed “it won’t connect”

1 Like