A new topic for category and upcoming projects

There should be clearer guidance on making a good post, like on stack overflow. And on stack overflow, if you do too many bad questions you get banned from asking them and commenting and stuff

4 Likes

Why’d you put a spoiler on duckduckgo? Why not put the spoiler on Google?

(From proud DDG user)

5 Likes

Well hello from another fellow duckduckgo user! Good question, a spoiler will attract more attention I suppose.

4 Likes

I usually just link them to how to ask, it explains very well how to ask a good question there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s the guidance I am referring to :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

At least we don’t have any people who ask to ask https://dontasktoask.com/

7 Likes

Do anyone know how active the Glitch staff are? I haven’t seen them appear a lot lately, probably due to the staff cut :frowning: Idk…

3 Likes

it is a mystery…

4 Likes

That’s sorta sad, I think Glitch should try to become a little more open-source so people who actually can could help out more. Right now things are going extremely slow, even on the forums and their support mail.

4 Likes

yeah, glitch being open-source would be great because then people find bugs quicker

5 Likes

i agree with everything said, sorry i just woke up

7 Likes

They should also get a hackerone, bugs could get patched faster that way.

6 Likes

You have my vote! An actual one

7 Likes

@ihack2712 @RiversideRocks I emailed Glitch Support about a few forum issues and @tasha got back to me. She said this about spoon-feeding:

Thanks again to the amazing Glitch support team for clarifying issues :slight_smile:
Eddie

8 Likes

Yes, thanks for the great reply @glitch_support. Also I have seen many users (eg. @ihack2712) use StackOverflow’s How To Ask A Good Question article, maybe we can adopt that here too?

6 Likes

The how to ask article (linked here) is really good and should probably be added to the rules.

4 Likes

This is the one I’ve been linking to as well.

6 Likes

I’m sure there will be nothing wrong if we use that article here.

4 Likes

Hello @glitch_support I was wondering if this topic has been considered or something or if there are any chance of this “upcoming projects” category to be made?

4 Likes

bump :slight_smile:    

4 Likes