Can't rename a a project

Hi,
I can no longer rename my projects, different from the random name chosen by glitch. I used to rename them, by going into the project options and then manually deleting(by blanking the old name out) the old name and retyping a new name which makes more sense to me. I was able to do this until a few days(about three days ago). Now, when I do this, glitch first tells me the typed name already exists. But, somehow it accepts the new name. But when I double-click on the button or tab which initiates the app, glitch tells me , at ā€˜the new nameā€™, no project is foundā€™. Then it tells me ā€™ may be the project was renamedā€™. As far as I know, I have not changed any settings. Did ā€˜glitchā€™ make any change in its default settings? Please help me. Thank you.

Ahammadunny Pathiaseril

Sorry to hear youā€™re having problems. We didnā€™t make any changes to that which Iā€™m aware of and I havenā€™t been able to reproduce your issue. Are you trying to rename the project to the same thing each time? If so, whatā€™s the name youā€™re trying to change to - Iā€™ll confirm whether itā€™s taken. Also please provide your browser version and OS and Iā€™ll try and reproduce. Thanks.

Hi Gareth,
Now is September 2020. I canā€™t rename any of my projects again. Whatever be the old name or new name. I get the same error message:ā€œANOTHER PROJECT HAS THAT NAMEā€. I had a simi;ar renaming problem in OCTOBER, 2018. I do not remember the error message exactly for the 2016 problem. Please help me. I have been struggling with it for the last 3 days. I canā€™t proceed further. I am stuck, Thank you,

Ahammadunny Pathiaseril.
ahammadunny@hotmail.com

Hey @ahammadunny,

I would recommend that you contact support@glitch.com as this seems like a bug.

Hi Gareth,
Now is September 2020. I canā€™t rename any of my projects again. Whatever be the old name or new name. I get the same error message:ā€œANOTHER PROJECT HAS THAT NAMEā€. I had a simi;ar renaming problem in OCTOBER, 2018. I do not remember the error message exactly for the 2016 problem. Please help me. I have been struggling with it for the last 3 days. I canā€™t proceed further. I am stuck. My browser is MICROSOFT EDGE. Operating system is WINDOWS 10. Thank you,

Ahammadunny Pathiaseril.
ahammadunny@hotmail.com

Hello, Gareth no longer works at Glitch. Please contact support@glitch.com

4 Likes