Doesn’t work half the time

Have you tried the email login?

Can you screenshot the steps the GitHub login process takes you through? When you try this are you already logged in to GitHub? Do you see requests in https://github.com/settings/security that correlate with your attempts from the school computer?

If the GitHub login is working for your account on your mobile, and it’s working more generally for the rest of the community (that is to say we haven’t heard complaints of a widespread outage, and it’s working fine for me) then I can’t think of anything else but your school’s computer environment. The message that you’re receiving tells me that Glitch isn’t receiving an error message (that’s our generic “Something went wrong with a login” error message - if we’d received an error message back you’d see that message on the page instead).

Website —> sign in with github

Website —> sign in with email

2019 and you still haven’t replied @cori

Has this worked before in the school? Or is this your first time trying to access it in school?

Yes, it has worked before

@PhantomDerp I haven’t replied because I don’t have anything to add. From what I’m hearing you’re able to log in just fine from non-school computers (I see that you have successfully logged in more recently than your last replies in this topic, for instance), and we’re not hearing about wide-spread GitHub login problems across the site. This still seems to me like a problem in your school’s network, and there’s nothing we can do about that from our end.

If you want to put whoever manages your school’s network in touch with us (they can email support@glitch.com if they don’t want to create a forum account) we’ll see what we can do, but as far as I can tell there’s nothing to be done on Glitch’s side. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but that’s about all I can offer you.

Actually, there’s one other thing we can try to see if we can at least see if the requests are making it back to us and see if there are any error messages. Next time you’re at one of your school computers, go to https://ifconfig.co/ and record your IP Address. Then attempt to log in and post back here with your IP and I’ll look to see if we’re receiving any better information from your IP address.

Ip is 152.26.210.26
Thanks for trying atleast

Did you actually try to log in at this time? I see 0 requests from that IP address in the last 24 hours.

Yes, I guess that’s the problem

Whats interesting here is that just loading glitch.com should show up as ~100 separate requests in our logs, but I saw 0 requests at that time from that IP address. Can you verify the IP the next time you try to log in from school and let us know when that is?

One other thing I didn’t ask you about was whether you saw the same results when logging in through the editor as well as from the homepage.

Did glitch get updated, because it worked this time

Wait at my house wifi it doesn’t work, I guess it’s my wifi, with the computer?

Hi @PhantomDerp, no updates related to logins, no. I can check out the same thing for your home wifi - I just need to know your IP address and around what time you were accessing the site or logging in.

Around 1:07 pm

What timezone might that be?

Regardless, I see a few hits from that IP address on the 3rd and nothing since, and they’re on a specific private project.

Standard eastern time