Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::3000

Hello,

I have a problem with my app. I’ve changed noting related to starting the app, it still looks like:

var listener = app.listen(process.env.PORT, function () {
  console.log('Your app is listening on port ' + listener.address().port);
});

But I get the error:

Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::3000

It seems I have no control over it. I don’t have any other calls to app.listen ONLY in the server.js file. I checked all imports.

App handle is natural-radar

Thanks!

Your project is private, so I can’t take a look but I suggest looking for anything else using a port in your code. If you can make it public, or send me a join link then I can take a closer look

Hello, thanks for the reply, I’ve made it public.

When remixing the app, it seems to work ok. Looking at your app functioning, it looks like the problem only occurs when it’s actively receiving data is that right?

It’s resolved now, but I haven’t changed a thing.

I guess it’s just a temporary error on your side, I’ve read in other topics that it can happen on load peaks.

My app all of a sudden is experiencing this same issue.

this line is referenced:

// Start Express http server
var webServer = http.createServer(app).listen(port);

edit: this was solved in another thread. My project was full.

im having the same issue

Same issue with Alan too - the project was full.

I have the same issue. My app is easy-stitch.

I’m getting this error: Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::3000

Can anyone help?

And, as with the OP, this issue seems to have resolved itself for me as well after a couple hours away from Glitch.

listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use :::3000
Looking for a way to restart the process from a fresh console (I left a browser open after running npm start and came back to a disconnected session). The following does not help:

process.exit(1)
lsof -i :3000
killall node
taskkill /f /im node.exe

etc.

What is the proper way to resume your console session?

killall node should work. taskkill won’t since Glitch containers run on Linux.

You could always use refresh which kills all processes and restarts the console.

^ Seconding this – I get this sometimes on webpack/react projects which push the limits of what the containers can handle. It seems to just be a regular hiccup in the restart process and always resolves itself. Sometimes calling refresh works, sometimes it fires the same error again, but it always resolves itself after a little.

1 Like

Thank you so much bro, you helped me a lot!