Hello, Glitch forum! We’re pushing major changes to the Glitch in Bio starter, which you can find on Glitch and on GitHub.
- Upgraded Vite from v2 → v4. This brings along many speed improvements, and Glitch in Bio wouldn’t be possible without the work that the Vite team and community have done.
- Removed vite-handlebars-glitch, our forked (and never updated) version of vite-plugin-handlebars. This package pegged Vite to v2, which made upgrading difficult.
- Added the lighterhtml package that uses the html`` template strings, allowing us to render everything in pure, unfiltered HTML. Everything is now a .js file, which should make editing the templates much easier for folks with limited web engineering knowledge.
- General cleanup, including merging small templates (avatar, name, header) into single templates (header).
- Added instructions for using your Glitch in Bio as your Bluesky handle
- And just to recap since our initial release, our community has added avatars for many additional services and apps, including Arena, Bandcamp, Cohost, Keybase, Ko-Fi, Letterboxd, Pinboard, podcasts, Soundcloud, Stack Overflow, Tiktok, and Mastodon — including verification support for Mastodon
These improvements helped us reduce build and reload time while keeping the configuration file, making the experience of editing a Glitch in Bio site faster and easier.
Due to the number of changes, we recommend starting fresh and moving over the files that you’ve changed in your Glitch in Bio. Those include your settings.json and any CSS files you’ve modified or created.