Help address "node 6 need update"?

Hello - I received an alert that “node 6 need update” in my code. I read the guidance on how to address this, but I am still not sure what to update code to say. My package.json is below, where you can see it says node": “6.10.x” but even after reading the guidance, I am not sure how to update it.

The glitch project that I am trying to update is http://0cean.glitch.me

Thanks so much for your help!

{
“name”: “@donmccurdy/aframe-shader-demo-1”,
“version”: “0.0.1”,
“description”: “What am I about?”,
“main”: “server.js”,
“scripts”: {
“start”: “node server.js”
},
“dependencies”: {
“express”: “^4.18.2”,
“browserify-middleware”: “^8.1.1”,
“glslify”: “^7.1.1”,
“glsl-noise”: “^0.0.0”
},
“engines”: {
“node”: “6.10.x”
},
“repository”: {
“url”: [link removed to enable post]
},
“license”: “MIT”,
“keywords”: [
“node”,
“glitch”,
“express”
]
}

1 Like

Hi there! Try replacing “6.10.x” with “16.x” so it’s using a more up to date version of Node and let us know if that works.

1 Like

Hi Jenn thanks for your help - unfortunately that did not work though :frowning:

What happened when you updated it? I do see the project working right now.

I reverted it back to what was there (16.10.x), but it seems like that node is precarious and/or expiring soon (not sure why it is working now). When I updated it to 16.x, it said that the application was not found and it totally shut down.

I remixed your project and updated the Node engine to “16.x” and after a couple of minutes of rebuilding it was running: https://dazzling-gem-icecream.glitch.me

Oh wow awesome thanks! I just put that back into mine and gave it some more time to rebuild and it looks like it is working now. I hope that fixes it for good - thank you so much!

1 Like

Ah that did not seem to permanently fix it. Now it is saying this:

If I keep refreshing then it might work, but it goes back and forth between this and actually working. (I have seen this a few times now). Any ideas?

The one you remixed also shows this for me:

Okay, I’ll escalate to the eng team and see why this is happening!

My remix shows that because I archived it!

Thanks so much for your help!!

We have it placed on a better host now which appears to have been the issue - do you still see errors with the app when you refresh it? (also thanks for your patience as we’ve been debugging this!)

2 Likes

Wow thanks so much for coordinating this fix! It appears to be working now. I will let you know if any issues arise in the future. Thank you so much :pray:

1 Like