Big problem with code

Hello,

my Discord.js bot has a big problem with file coding. All JavaScript files have very weird coding and the project is still reconnecting. I have a backup, but it is old. And please, recover my code.

Hey @MaTY,

You can contact Glitch at support@glitch.com and they can restore your project from its last backup. Do not edit your project any further as it could overwrite the existing backups of your project.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! And yes, I wrote on the email already.

1 Like

I have the same problem! My project is showing just dots in the editor. I can’t access the project in browser or in the Glitch Console.
I really hope there won’t be any data loss because I’ve worked on this project for 2 years.
I’ve contacted the Glitch Support through e-mail already and waiting for response.

Hi there @MaTY and @mariolatiffathy!
Usually, Glitch Support take around 24 hours to get back to you. However this can sometimes take longer depending on how many people they are trying to help. Please allow 24-48 hours. Remember it is around 07:37 now in New York, so they’ve only just got into the office, so give them time :slight_smile:

Hope you get your projects back
Eddie

4 Likes

Hello,

I understand that. The Glitch support is already really awesome to do that as free support. Also thanks for mentioning the support’s time zone because I didn’t really know it before.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support! :smiley:

I didn’t get this solved today and I guess I will have to wait for Monday due to the weekend.
The support asked me to fill a form to retrive a backup of my project, I’ve replied back like 6 hours ago but they didn’t reply anymore.
Did you get yours fixed?

I never got asked to fill a form. I guess they have changed the way they handle backup requests due to the higher volume of requests now. I would just give some time. For example, Tasha helped me get my backup back after hours. Like it was 15-30 minutes after closing.