Bug in drag and drop to file system

When I drag and drop a file into a subfolder in the file system frame of the editor, the file does not end up where I dragged it. Instead, another file from root (the last one in the list?) gets moved into that subfolder, and the file I dragged and dropped ends up in the root folder. This has caused problems for me, as key configuration files end up moved into the wrong folder without me realizing it (see Project no longer starts)!

The following GIF shows the problem. Notice that watch.json, which is the last file listed in root, gets (weirdly, incorrectly) moved into public/, but test.css gets put in the root folder.

Screen Recording 2024-08-18 at 21.12.21

2 Likes

Hi there @Richard_Morey - I was able to replicate this too and have filed a ticket to have the engineering team take a look into this. Sorry for the trouble/bug here!

1 Like

This took a bit longer to fix than expected, but it should be working properly now. There’s also an opportunity to make some more improvements to the underlying code, so keep an eye out for an announcement about that hopefully soon.

4 Likes