Getting rate-limited VERY quickly on a new project due to it's nature, help

https://zircon-incongruous-tarascosaurus.glitch.me

I’ve been converting a friend’s game to Javascript (from Scratch), but it ain’t going so well. The Glitch project keeps getting hit with 429’s, and I keep getting ratelimited (403)! Can someone explain a way I would prevent these rate limits?

(Yes, I am aware the project is very broken.)

1 Like

Times I’ve been rate limited so far: 2 (403 on every glitch.me)

2: I’m going to start leaving comments on the stupidity of these rate-limits. I genuinely hope I won’t have to switch to github.io or vercel :confused:

1 Like

maybe you could move some of the files to assets? not sure, they never said anything about request limits to static sites.

Agreeing with @wh0 here - looking at your project I see a ton of svg’s - if a single page load is hitting all those files all at once I wouldn’t be surprised at a rate limit being hit after a couple of page loads. You should move those svg’s into the Assets panel and reference the cdn links and that should dramatically ease the rate limit load you have there.

1 Like

I’ve got a LOT of SVGs here, and a lot of code refrencing the on-disk versions. I’d have to waste DAYS, and this is going to happen again- I have more projects like this!

I guess I’ll just have to use an alternative hosting platform. :frowning:

You can also try upgrading to Glitch Pro maybe that can help.

I understand the frustration here - I just went to the page and there were over 1200 image requests made and I know that’s not an insignificant number of files to move/swap! Glitch Pro would remove rate limiting, like I see @_tr shared as I was typing this hehe

1 Like

Sadly, due to being a student and all, I can’t afford Glitch Pro. It really looks like I’m going to have to swap to a different host.

And the worst part is I actually like Glitch for being simple- now I have to deal with the nuances of others. Fun!

1 Like

(side info: I don’t know if this is the appropriate time to mention this, but Glitch + GitHub student pack would be great for cases like this Glitch Boosted with GitHub Student Pack)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.