Huge Kidz Upgrade!

1. This was one of the only files on our branding pack. I’ll look later for just the icon to use.
  2. We removed the only statement because it was kinda mean. The Blog page not released
  3. We will add more things in the footer.
  4. We know our editor is only 3 boxes.
  5. I meant that our beta blog has filters so admins can’t swear.
1 Like

WE ARE ALSO GOING TO ATTEMPT TO ADD A DARK MODE AND SOME OTHER COOL FEATURES. Get excited!

1 Like

If your admins are swearing when bloggin we have a bigger problem on our hands. What service thats semi-popular with adults or kids has swears in there blog posts?

5 Likes

ya I agree with @Anish before you make a code editing platform for kids, first teach your admins not to cuss

5 Likes

Just curious, what do you mean by privacy conerns?

COPPA, information that can indentify the kids cannot be used. I’m not sure if collecting emails counts though

This is wrong. COPPA states you need parental consent to collect this data. Emails do count. Note: Not legal advice :slight_smile:

Also have a read at GDPR.

1 Like

That means that Kidz needs to ask for parental consent(like ask for a parent’s email) in order to comply with COPPA.

3 Likes

you need to comply with COPPA and GDPR first before releasing

4 Likes

@Fionn can explain - he made the statement

IT’S TIME FOR A REVAMP!

But please Kidz, DM me if you want to use this new/improved editor.

I’m also the owner of learn-code, which Kidz uses as their editor.

Find it at --> https://new-learn-code.glitch.me/

Note: If you ever used Learn-Code’s editor before this update and saved your code, the new editor editor will still get the saved code!

I understand COPPA and other related laws, and I will be taking procedures to ensure we do comply with these laws.

2 Likes

@code-alt you need to add the .glitch.me to the end of the ‘save as url’ URL generated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah i forgot. I’ll go do that right away!

Ok thanks for the feedback!

It’s fixed

1 Like

@code-alt now get not found error when trying to access generated URL

1 Like

I double check the url, and yes it had the removed test page. I’ve now changed that to edit.html, and a new update with the title.

the urls now work like they were in the old editor.

Well, time to work on the Blockly editor!

1 Like

good luck on it, I tried blockly it was sort of easy to use it. Basically your code can be converted to js, python, lua(I’m pretty sure I’m wrong about one of these)

2 Likes