Idle game with chickens

Project URL: Idle Chicken (idle-chicken.glitch.me)

This year will be my first year of high school, so sorry if it looks bad, anyways schools has and will always be boring and a waste of time so I used the computer in Spanish class to make this game, it took me about 70 hours to make all of the pixel arts (Almost everything is original, but I did use stardew valley chicken) and code it all. It is a idle game similar to cookie clicker, with a few twists. I added gambling and aspects of investment (also there is chickens not cookies). I spent a lot of time on this and learned a lot hope you like it.

9 Likes

Very featureful! I like that all of the buttons have some flavor text.

There’s something weird going on with the click() function being called on every purchase and adding a mousedown listener to everything, even if they already had. After many purchases, the first chicken will have so many listeners that you can, uh, progress really quick.

1 Like

I love this, @CarolOatway! If you use Reddit, there’s a really cool subreddit for incremental games, r/incremental_games you should post this to also - I think the community there would also really like it.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me, I had noticed this and was trying to think of a way to fix it. I am sure there is a better way to do it with Booleans and stuff, but I think it should work now. :slight_smile:

Just paste

javascript:child+=10000000;

into the URL search part of the browser :flushed: :flushed:

Screenshot 2021-07-26 14.00.18

If you want, you could follow the directions here: javascript - Prevent user from changing game values in the browser console - Stack Overflow to make it hard to “hack” the game like how I did. But anyways, it’s a really cool game!

Cool thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.