IPL g20 - For the lovers of IPL. See how good you are at prediction!

Project URL: https://iplg20.glitch.me

Screen Shots

About?

It is a web app (SPA) which records the predictions of players before the match, and reveals them after the first innings! For now, prediction over the target is done, but it can be easily extended to other datas (suggestions open :).

How it works?

Anyone can access an account by logging/signing up, and then open any match and submit their prediction range. So far, so simple.

User: "Ah, then anyone can win by submitting [0-300] range..."

No, it isn’t as simple :wink:
The prediction range is limited with a delta of 5% of the mean values of extremes.
:exploding_head:

Anyways, you don’t have to care for that, lol. The app will indicate you the delta.

Key libraries:

• Vue.js
  • Materialize.css
  • sqlite3
  • bcrypt, to store passwords

It’s open source…

…and hence database is open. Therefore, passwords are hashed using bcrypt. And predictions are also encoded by sqlite itself! So, no worries :slight_smile:

Future updates:
× pwa

• better material UI
5 Likes

Of course, Royal Challengers Bangalore will win without any doubt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Your favorite too?

didn’t expected RCB will perform that good (target of 85 only, lol)

Of course! :handshake:

1 Like

I know nothing about sports, but this looks very slick.

1 Like

Oh Cricket? Well you got me there.
Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 7.20.44 AM

Hey all, I turned this into a (static page + server) app. Now, this will have 100% uptime!

3 Likes

UPDATE:

Finally, this website has become an installable PWA (big thanks to @khalby786, for tutorials on PWA).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.