[mega-thread] Glitchchord- mongoDB discord clone

Have you always used a password manager with glitchchord?

Yes, its also my second time logging in.

Could you try logging in now:

Try once by hand then a second time with your manager

I figured it out, The e-mail is case-sensitive.

I’m also not using Netscape

Yes, the email is case sensitive. We should’ve really told people beforehand…

Sorry for any issues!

If you refer to the MDN docs, every browser will say your on netscape. This is caused by compatibility issues but its nothing to worry about

we fixed some UI issues:

• member list in channel overflowing and not allowing scrolling, fixed
  • links to users not working on this list, fixed
  • new dropdown added to make navbar look a little bit better

your guide to mastering glitchchord part 1: markdown

glitchchord now has markdown support, meaning you can do a bunch of cool things such as:

images

paste this into the chat:

![hello](https://media1.tenor.com/images/f297628cda032de9c62c37f45fb378d4/tenor.gif?itemid=5673670)

to get
test
yes, i watch the oddones1out

just replace the long URL with any image url, we reccomend taking a look at creative commons for some images or tenor/giphy for great gifs (not an ad)

This looks really good. I always wanted to learn how to use html like this. It every tutorial ends up to be just basic stuff. But not advanced.

1 Like

Well this is markdown which transpiles to HTML, but same deal I guess.

1 Like

So, this is great. I am actually curious to see what the blocked words are. But I thing there should be a chat filter settings.

1 Like

Hi! The frameworks we use help us filter and transpile markdown:

Markdown-it
Bad-words

We will create an option to disable the filter sometime this week or next week

I would look into it at your own risk.

1 Like

i’m glad it doesn’t filter on the client-side, a lot of kids would get in trouble very fast because of it

This is too much Discord

I must help :slight_smile:

(mostly with a possible ability to add html to msg)

Adding HTML to a tag was actually prohibited to prevent XSS, I blieve that you can still use basic html tags like headers and such. I’m rather unsure.

We don’t want html to be rendered in messages because of XSS.

Yes, we had to scrap an idea to grab words from a DB because of that.

PM me!

1 Like

It would be better on both the client (receive and sending) and server (before it gets sent)

Actually, all sorts of rendering should happen client side. That way it is less load for the resource server and clients who prefer profanity or receive XSS can do so at their own will.

Any official client should of course prevent security risks, and other things like markdown and profanity filters (optional).

The server shouldn’t have to process user-input in way that modifies it, only verify the data that was sent.

It’s not like it’s much load a simple .replaceAll(); should do fine (for basic filter).