[MEGATHREAD] Project Uptime For Glitch Projects!

If the project is in a tab but no edits are made or no requests to/from the project are made, the app would fall asleep after 5 minutes still, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

Maybe like GitPod workspaces: you can choose to turn on or off workspaces and they won’t run if they’re stopped.

1 Like

Yeah. You should be able to pause projects.

DDoS attacks and other continuous pinging is going to be costly for the project owner :sweat: and easily lose project hours

1 Like

Hi @anon70439135, if you hit your Project Hours limit, your apps will not be accessible until the 1st of the next month when hours are reset. You can, as the owner, still download the code of your apps from your Projects Dashboard no matter how many hours you have left, though.

3 Likes

What if some on pings our site?

Yes, you can do this from your Projects Dashboard - when logged in, go to glitch.com/dashboard and you can archive and reactivate any projects.

So cool!    

1 Like

its not really cool when u cant host disc bots on glitch anymore :C

Wait, how exactly do you do that? Is it the archive option?

1 Like

If you feel like someone is abusing the platform by pinging your site, you should send an email to support@glitch.com (or if you know what project/user may be doing that, Report Abuse from that page). I’d also recommend changing the name of the project immediately to stop the pinging from hitting your project.

You can still host bots, but no 24/7

When in the dashboard, hover over a project and you’ll see an “Archive” button.

24/7 was awesome now we have to pay to have 24/7 hosting

Doesn’t archive mean delete? Beacuse when I delete projects it goes to arhcive

No, Archive doesn’t delete your project. It kinds of put your project to sleep. , but allowing you to edit.

2 Likes

Yes, archiving has taken the place of deletion. You can reactivate projects, just like you were able to undelete projects from your profile.

@khalby786 you will not be able to edit projects that are archived.

3 Likes

are there any glitch alternatives so i can code and host my bot 24/7?

1 Like

Thats a bit off topic

Did you know that you can code directly to your vps by using Visual Studio Code SSH extension?

3 Likes