Need support asap

Hey, so me and a mate run a discord bot called lmaobot, and we use uptimerobot to host the bot 24/7, but I just realised the uptimerobot has been down for about 150 hours, and I went onto lmaobot.glitch.me and I get this error: “failed to start application on lmaobot.glitch.me. This is most likely because your project has a code error. Check your project logs, fix the error and try again.”

But I get no errors in my logs at all, so I have no idea how to fix it. My project is public so could someone get on and have a look and help me out? The project is called “lmaobot”. I need this to be working as when I turn my pc off, the bot goes off as well, which is really bad.

Thank you, I hope we can get this problem resolved ASAP!

Hi @sirpete,

I am not 100% sure because I don’t know discord.js very well, but I would say that your token is expired or invalid. You might try to update it and see if your bot starts working again.

Hey @etamponi,

No, my bot starts up perfectly, it’s just when you go to lmaobot.glitch.me it says my code is wrong so that couldn’t start up, and I need this to be working for my uptimerobot to work.

I looked again and I’m receiving a discord api error in my console which doesn’t say what’s causing it though so I have no clue how to fix it, but I don’t think that would be causing it anyway.

Is there a staff member who knows discord.js who could help me out?

Thanks for your reply.

What’s the API error? Perhaps another discord bot using forum member will know a fix.

Even though uptimerobot reports as site being offline, I guess your bot is still online.
And the issue uptimerobot is reporting as offline is you are not running any web service in your bot.

Doing that would be as easy as adding this code into the top of your app.js file

var express = require('express');
var app = express();

const http = require('http');
app.listen(process.env.PORT);

And uptimerobot will report as live.

If it doesnt work, just reply to this chat.
And yeah single filed bots are not prefered by me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like