Using sudo Commands

The ability to use sudo commands in the glitch console would really be a great addition to glitch.

4 Likes

We can’t give you sudo privileges because we have code running in the container that needs to be able to do things that users aren’t permitted do. If there are packages missing that you need installed or something like that, we can usually help you find a workaround.

can we have docker installed?

Hey @SharifPoetra there are some considerations with running a container inside another container so this isn’t something we can just switch on. We might consider it in the future, but not any time soon - we have many other things on our roadmap before we might start thinking about this.

Sorry for the bother!

Can we have ffmpeg installed(and a couple python packages that just take up too much space)

Hey @javaarchive we have updating ffmpeg's binaries in our list of updates we’d like to make eventually, but I can’t say when we might get to it. Can you give us some more details about what you’re looking for with respect to the Python packages?

So I was going to create a web version of a module called bitglitter but somehow ran out of storage, and also I would like to use a module called chatterbot for a discord bot.

hi @javaarchive - if you have suggestions for packages, you should post them to the ‘Feature Ideas’ category, that way folks can vote on them and we’ll know the ones many folks are asking for!

Hey @jenn can you install the packages I described below, just for one project, because as soon also the required dependencies download the disk space rises to 150mb.

hey java - unfortunately we are currently unable to install packages for just a specific project container.

can you add pnpm sudo thing because i have to update my yaml and packege json