Active Discord Issues - Solution In Progress

I did already ;-; I hope they still love me

I got new info somehow. Discord IP banned big part of the glitch IP due to other projects that had been api abused which resulted other innocent projects to be IP banned as they share a IP. I got misinterpreted, austin corrected me so my bad guys.

1 Like

It is and it ain’t pretty. Glitch staff is trying their best to get the innocent bots off the banned IP

Are you serious??? What the heck is discord thinking ?!?!?

You misinterpreted my post… They are hostile to Glitch under the cover of “there are abusive projects”, and it is not the first time they used such reason (See timestamp!). Glitch indeed actively removes potential abusive projects, and provides ways to resolve issues (e.g. Suspended project, Projects getting mistakenly suspended for mining, can't email support, Some processes currently restricted), yet Discord doesn’t care, quote, “so you might as well find a real hosting provider”. Not to mention many senior bot developers hate “newbie” Glitch just because many people can’t afford a proper VPS…

1 Like

Good point Austin. Discord isn’t a huge fan of Glitch at all. While they don’t mind Glitch using Discord API, if anyone tries to exceed rate limit or mass spam or anything considered as API Abuse, Discord will step in and ban the culprit. If the culprit hosting on glitch gets IP banned, it’ll also ban innocent bots hosting on Glitch. Discord isn’t going to step in to help anybody that use Glitch even if they’re innocent. After all, “One person can even ruin it for everybody.”

My bots are working once again now. What about you two, @ExceedFlame and @xkyrux ? (Of course, sorry for the mention.)

1 Like

Yes they are working now. Glitch is the best, discord is just salty

1 Like

Mine 3 projects are oofline … Hope its resolved soon

Discord should allow Glitch a communication path between the two.
That’d be the greatest solution ever. Discord reporting abuse to Glitch and Glitch dealing/banning the abusive parts is much more better than Discord just blatantly banning a big chunk of IPs and Glitch not having a slight idea on what was the cause or more precisely, the responsible part.

1 Like

Discord seems to have banned some hosts again

1 Like

ok, my bot still offline :frowning:

im waiting

Make a post in this thread with the name of your bot if it has been IP banned.

I mean you can’t really blame Discord as they’re just protecting their services from abuse and enforcing their Developers Terms of Service. For them Glitch is just an IP, any other IP.

3 Likes

my bot is working properly!
but it’ll good for developers if they can develop bots and run them all time, without always active boost.
or have schedule when bots should sleep, or run