Happy friday, it’s my first open thread in awhile #missedyou #livelaughlove
It’s been a wild couple of months in the Jenniverse - after taking some time off, I was then summoned and selected to serve on a jury trial. But I’m back and happy to see all the cool things you’ve been making on Glitch while I was out. And you KNOW I have some links to share:
- This app is literally a grid of photos of moldy food: https://moldy-world.glitch.me/. I don’t think I’ve ever seen garlic go moldy before??
- blippypixel animated scenes of Deptford, London in old school teletext and even added an AR component: https://deptfordx2023.glitch.me. It’s one of those “fall into a rabbit hole” apps which I love.
- This artist’s page has me missing the era of horizontal scrolling sites: https://flatvend.glitch.me/. They have some cool zines and art to click through too.
- During my time off I started an online course to learn three.js and Blender. I’ve learned SO much since I made https://bugsrock.glitch.me, so this weekend I have “add three.js projects to this playlist” on my list of chores to do.
- By the way…Blender has been kicking my ass??? But I think this video tutorial by @Emmett_Baber made showing how to make a free 3D AR gallery of your 2D art is really well done and it’s another item on my “chores to do this weekend” list. Laundry is never getting done.
Glad to be back, gotta make more 3D cheeseburgers. Enjoy the rest of your week and tell us what you’re making, reading, creating…