HTML DB / An easy-to-use database for devs to add a secure login/password system to their site

Project URL: CONFIDENTIAL

You wouldn’t believe how many people can’t make a simple login system and have to resort to using a bad and confusing external service.
HTML DB is a site where people can register a login DB for free and use it effortlessly in their code.
The devs can also see who has registered while also being cabable to ban people who abuse their site.
HTML DB is currently in bad need of an update, which means developers who help code and contribute to it.

DM me or @Jonyk56 if you’re interested in helping with HTML DB.

Thx,
DerDer56

4 Likes

ANOTHER COMPETITION EH?

begins work on update for html-db

1 Like

Wait you have a database system?

1 Like

yea, html-db.

quite old, and doesn’t work properly now-adays, needs an update badly

1 Like

Ok, cool. R u interested in Log DB

1 Like

maybe, i could use some of my skills to help ya, u got discord?

1 Like

When you say:

Does that mean the passwords aren’t hashed (and salted), as I would never ever ever use a login/signup system with a db while not hashing (and salting) the password. Anyone who could get into the db (e.g. with brute force) could see the passwords

5 Likes

You should not let devs see the passwords. That would be a horrifying idea for the visitors, and would be for the devs. Hackers can just swoop in and steal the passwords which would result in less visitors.

5 Likes

The data will be hashed and salted. Only the site creator can see the data and only the site creator can register (you have to append a certain piece of code to your home page) to be registered.

1 Like

What’s the point of showing them the data if it is hashed and salted? They won’t be able to make anything out anyway. Just let them ban visitors and leave it be. Don’t need to give them actual access the DB

4 Likes

But if its hashed no one can see the password

1 Like

Ok I agree and think it would be smarter for them to just see usernames and block users.

2 Likes

Why do I have to share this again, and again?!

11 Likes

=|

1 Like

I’m getting confused here, why does the title of this thread say “HTML DB”?

4 Likes

I don’t think developers can trust you with all the hashed passwords for their projects.
Even if they’re hashed, a data breach can have horrible results. If people signed up for the developer’s service using basic credentials - they could be decoded.

1 Like

Yes, an oAuth system is safer to use, where you do not have to worry about passwords. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good ol’ Tom Scott.

4 Likes

Indeed, I’m a big fan of his, he has a lot of videos about CS theory. And of course other stuff.

3 Likes

I love The Park Bench with him and Matt. He said once on there that he only learnt to code to get a well-payed job whilst he was working on his languages (not coding - like how people speak and stuff :joy:) at university. He likes his speaking stuff much more than his coding. I find that really interesting :slight_smile:

3 Likes