I Changed My Domain ojvjpj.glitch.me -> unimono.sytes.net

I figured out how to change your glitch domain with NOIP!
First, get a GitHub account. Make a repository with a green button somewhere. Make it your main project by naming it .github.io. Then, in the repo, click add a file, then create a new file. Name it index.html and put the following, only with your glitch project for the URL.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>App</title>
<meta charset = "utf-8">
</head>
<body>
<iframe src = "https://something.glitch.me" 
style = "position: fixed; top: 0%; left: 0%; height: 100%; width: 100%;">
Uh oh! Can't connect.
</iframe>
</body>
</html>

Press commit changes and then enter. Then, go to NOIP.com and click the sign up button in green. Fill out the prompts, preferably with sign in with Google (that’s what I did, so I know it works). When you are set up, go to https://my.noip.com/dynamic-dns and click create hostname. Put whatever for the hostname and domain, but make sure you remember it. Change DNS Host (A) to DNS Alias (CNAME). For your target, put <yourGithubUsername>.github.io
Now go to your GitHub project and make another file called CNAME. That’s it, CNAME. Inside the file, put the hostname of your NOIP. It should look somewhat like example.ddns.com. Commit changes again and go to the settings of your GitHub Repository. At the bar on the left, click Pages. Then, click where it says None and change it to main. It should say /(root). Leave that part alone and press save. Wait 10 minutes and reload. It should look like so: Your site is live at example.ddns.com. Click Visit Site and see your new domain!

Thanks for the instructions!

This made me think, has anyone set up a workflow to sync glitch’s git repo to GitHub (and GitHub actions) so that changes made to glitch will be updated to GitHub pages?

I’m not absolutely sure it can automatically update from Glitch to GitHub. Currently I like Glitch more than GitHub since Glitch is simple and also supports full-stack hosting, as well as a different subdomain for every project.
project.glitch.me vs username.github.io/project
However, GitHub is larger and I like the way it handles merging. It would be cool if Glitch had a little merge button where you click it and put in the name of a different project and they merge. Getting back on topic, I do remember that if you use
Ctrl+Shift+E, there is an export to GitHub feature that lets you fork an existing repo in a branch labeled Glitch, and then of course you can just merge into the main branch. However, I tried it and haven’t gotten the Glitch branch to appear. Oh well. If I need to copy over, I can just download the Glitch project and upload it to GitHub.

For my note, I ended up setting up SSH key authentication and adding git push origin master to the build script so that the changes are pushed to GitHub. First time it has to be run manually because it askes for user input for checking the fingerprint.

If it’s generated_static site and if you want to host it on GitHub pages, additionally you need to set up GitHub actions to compile and deploy the code. For now I’m not really interested in this particular workflow of hosting on GitHub, but if anyone needs, here’s .github/workflows/build.yml file that I use for my website

name: Build and Deploy
on: [push]
permissions:
  contents: write
jobs:
  build-and-deploy:
    concurrency: ci-${{ github.ref }} # Recommended if you intend to make multiple deployments in quick succession.
    runs-on: ubuntu-latest
    steps:
      - name: Checkout 🛎️
        uses: actions/checkout@v3

- name: Install and Build 🔧 # This example project is built using npm and outputs the result to the 'build' folder. Replace with the commands required to build your project, or remove this step entirely if your site is pre-built.
        run: |
          npm ci
          npm run build

- name: Deploy 🚀
        uses: JamesIves/github-pages-deploy-action@v4
        with:
          folder: docs # The folder the action should deploy.