I made a P2P Chat App

I work on a Twitch streaming in the browser app, if you want you can start from there and send the data to an RTMP server instead of Twitch. That’s basically what Zoom did, an RTMP server that gets all the video data then the Zoom client gets the server’s data.

https://twitch-streaming-v4.glitch.me

There’s also ressources available online for the client :

And there online examples of RTMP server setups.
1 Like

i think i know whats ur talking about :joy: but which one?

hmmmm, skype… (no…) zoom (no…) facetime (never used it…)

He said short video. Snapchat? Tiktok? I have no idea!

You mean spyware?

No idea what I was saying but I think it was Tiktok.

Tiktok is spyware. See https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/07/01/anonymous-targets-tiktok-delete-this-chinese-spyware-now/ But anyway, let’s stop getting off topic.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t be complaining if the US banned it.

3 Likes

tik tok won’t be banned, dm me if you wanna know why. (Chelsea#1160 or DM me on the forums.)

Hey, TikTok got banned in India 3 days ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve finally got plans to upgrade my p2p video sharing app but it’ll take a while to get too because of other projects i’ll put more details in it’s thread later

I’d advise people to not use this. The code generation logic works by sending a URL (that includes your IP address!!) to CORS Anywhere (a proxy hosted on Heroku that bypasses CORS) which then sends it to is.gd (a URL shortener). That shortened link includes a smee.io URL, making it possible for is.gd (and possibly this website) to read metadata about your chat (this metadata also includes the sender and recipient’s IP addresses).

After doing a little bit more research:

• The app sends ALL links you send in a message to a link preview api hosted on Glitch.
  • It uses CORS Anywhere for everything. This is a security risk because you’re letting that third-party read everything that goes through them, and they can modify the data if they want to.

I don’t believe OP is working on this project anymore.

Yep, whenever you see something with peer2peer in the name, your IP address may be visible. That is how Peer To Peer works after all.

2 Likes

everything can be open sourced in glitch.

Not the everything. It can be of private.

No, you have to buy boosted.

Yeah, although vs code live share and pomagranate can use relays for your data to prevent ip leaks. Discord does similar by using media servers see this

2 Likes

If you use a relay it isn’t a direct p2p connection anymore

2 Likes