Goodbye private projects

Maybe someone should create a feature request about this, i’m sure people would vote for it.

It’s too late.

Glitch used to be that friendly, small community. I remember when you could make a post on here and get a reply right away from a mod.
It’s just not the same anymore with a lot of the core features under a paywall. The removal of project pinging was somewhat fine, as there’s not a lot of projects that are in production. However, the removal of private projects is the final straw.
It just seems like theres becoming less and less free features, and not much gain for free users.

2 Likes

But theres several issues here, premium doesnt have the value over a VPS. I can go get a $2/month vps with the same specs as glitch.

And sharing/remixing open source code is great, but then you get clones of bots that people worked hard on.

2 Likes

because repl.it didnt have private projects free, then suddenly make them paid

3 Likes

why WHY NOW SOME ONE CAN STEAL MY BOT TOKEN THANKS GLİTCH >:(

Dream @Hamzawastaken, you can put your bot token in the .env, that’s the whole purpose of the .env file. Stuff stored in the .env is not visible to anyone else.

8 Likes

And anyway, private projects will not be automatically made public.

5 Likes

This is honestly just bad. Why don’t they keep the private settings how it is for free users and upgrade it for the paid ones, I hope this gets reconsidered as I only use Glitch due to it’s free private setting. Like, hosting/pinging was okay, but this is the final straw for me, yall are gonna lose users

I don’t want to work on a bot for a year for someone to god damn steal the source code and claim they made it.

1 Like

I honestly saw this coming a long time ago, but honestly, for users that are willing to pay they do get an awesome set of features and perhaps one of the best support platforms in the market.

However, Glitch is still very young and has a long way to go before it’ll be completely ready for the world to dig in. Some of the issues I’d say Glitch should focus on is speed and reliability.

A service, like Glitch, isn’t built in 1-3 years, it takes a lot more time to build a fully functional service that can be used by hundreds to thousands of people. I’d say Glitch has been doing freaking awesome!

There is always room for improvements, for Glitch, for repl.it, even for services like MS Azure and AWS. Glitch has come a long way since it’s creation, and I think it’s amazing that Glitch is still in the game!

So, to you @jenn and your colleagues, you’ve done a pretty sweet job here at Glitch, and even though I rarely use the service I am still thankful for all the time and effort you put into this!

9 Likes

I can’t stress this enough, no private projects will be made public so this isn’t an issue…

3 Likes

oh thanks :slight_smile:

In the event that something like that does happen, there is always DMCA, but yes, like remix said, your private projects will not be made public.

1 Like

I can’t say I can recommend that website as after taking a look, it looks incredibly dishonest and misleading.

The front page claims to have “free” bot hosting, yet upon clicking plans, no free plan can be found.

Upon click the “free” button on the homepage, nothing happens. Be careful.

8 Likes

Hi all,

Now that I removed the spam post and replies, let’s try to keep things on topic!

4 Likes

Yes ma’am or sir!Sorry for my offtopic replies about the advertising Bloxcaster was doing

Just a quick thing: This site is highly trustable. You need to sign up for a account to order a bot. Just a note: You don’t get that much free space, but it’s enough.

It might be, I always just get a bit nervous when I see an unknown website offering something for free.

1 Like

Yeah. They actually originally didn’t give it out for free when they launched, but they changed it a few months ago

2 Likes