[MEGATHREAD] GlitchyPastePen - Create simple front-end projects using an online code editor with instant hosting

Now, that’s an improvement! Yes, the header is also on my list, because I’m trying my best to get even more editor space.

You’re gonna save user content on your server?

If you click the “Save” icon on the top right, the code gets written into a folder and that code gets hosted, so basically you get instant hosting, if that’s what you meant.

And that is saved in your container?

Yes. Not a good idea, I know, and I’m currently looking for other options. But it doesn’t take too much of my space, somehow. I have around 50 folders right now, each containing an index.html, script.js and a style.js but so far it’s been only 4% of the disk.

1 Like

Hahah, just be careful with that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For anyone who’s interested: sample project made using GlitchyPastePen: https://glitchypastepen.glitch.me/p/obedient_magenta_bandicoot

You should also consider that this is a huge security risk to serve user-content under same domain.

4 Likes

There could be a bit of an issue with XSS so just a heads up like @ihack2712 said.

1 Like

XSS is not really the issue here though. Just make sure that your users don’t set cookies, because all other projects could potentionally fetch those cookies.

4 Likes

Created a pull request @khalby786

1 Like

I’m actually planning to create a new private project which will work as the back-end the whole thing.

https://glitchypastepen.glitch.me/p/ugliest_copper_tern

4 Likes

Oooh, interesting use case of GlitchyPastePen.

Isn’t this a Megathread now?

1 Like

Think so, let me change it

1 Like

Also, continuing the discussion about databases we had earlier in this thread, @random had suggested MongoDB for “better security and easier UI”, I found Deta which has a more generous free tier than MongoDB.

1 Like

do you wish to use that?

plus, any more work being scheduled @khalby786?

1 Like

Have a lot of ideas in my mind floating around, but I’m unsure when to make new updates.

1 Like

That was rather expensive :open_mouth: