Support tickets been sitting idle for 39 days

I checked HappyFox again today. A quick recap of some events so far:

On Jun 5, I replied to an email message about ticket #9462. This caused ticket #11096 to be created.

Today, recorded as “1 hour ago,” ticket #11096 was merged into #9462. So I think maybe this is how it’s meant to work.

Within HappyFox (our ticketing platform provider), support request tickets are marked “Closed” after every support team member’s response. That way, we are alerted when the person who created the support request responds. When this happens, the ticket is automatically updated to “In Progress”.

The implication is that the Glitch team doesn’t get notified for replies to a ticket either. Then to ensure that they do get notified, they close the ticket, so that a reply from email instead gets sent as a new ticket. And if “the ticket is automatically updated,” referring to the merge-back of a newly created ticket to the original, then that automatic process takes a couple of days. That’s my current theory so far.

I don’t think it’s that they need it to be a new ticket. I just think that if you get a reply to a closed ticket you get a notification (the Glitch staff - not you) as I reply to the tickets on the Happyfox UI and it seems they receive it :slight_smile:

Update on this: although I have not been notified, the HappyFox site now allows you to log in with a password.

1 Like

And what would that password be?

I don’t know what it starts off with, but I used the “forgot password” thing to reset it.

An update: because HappyFox now requires a password to log in, I posted the details in the ticket earlier today. With the issue closed and the HappyFox web interface not permitting me to post a new message to the ticket, I replied via email to the last notification from the ticket. This created a new ticket, as expected.

I checked HappyFox again just now, and saw that the support staff had responded soon after that. I looked in my email, and saw a notification about it in the spam section. I’ll be whitelisting the address.

Usually when I reply to a response from support@glitch.com, it usually becomes a normal email reply instead of creating a new ticket.

I noticed something else today: in the ticket that the system opened yesterday for my reply, it’s closed but there’s still an “Add Response” button.

So there must be something else controlling whether the user can add a response. One possibility is this dot on the right:

Red for “Awaiting your response.” This ticket in particular isn’t requesting anything from me at the moment; it’s in an “I’ve let the team know” kind of situation. Nevertheless, marking a ticket as such seems to be the way to go if they want to have both (i) the ticket be closed and (ii) the user be able to say something.

Yet this is not a solution to everything. In the email notification for the last response (by the staff), I still have the Reply-To header set to a not-ticket-specific address:

Reply-To: Report A Bug <support@glitch.com>