Welcome to the Glitch Support Forum!

This is a community dedicated to learning about Glitch, a developer playground that lets you focus on creating the app or bot of your dreams. Welcome!

What can you expect to find here?

• Information about Glitch
  • Questions and Answers about Glitch from other tinkerers just like you

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, or feedback you may have and we’ll try and respond as soon as we can.

Happy Tinkering!

47 Likes

hello i have a problem with my robot discord project, my main file is in a sub folder, how to automatically go to the folder please (with the console everything works fine, my stroke the glitch code window a error returned not found module ‘/app/bot.js’> can you help me please

14 Likes

It would help if you could provide a link to your project, so we can see the structure of your project. Also, please create a new topic for any issues in the future, rather than replying to an unrelated topic. Thanks.

12 Likes

okay thank you I think in the future, here is my project:

it’s a bot mismatch, and the log window is refreshing over an error, i would like it to access my file (src) so that it finds my file (bot.js) thanks for your help

9 Likes

Change your start command in package.json to be "start": "node src/bot.js" (since your bot.js file is within the src directory)

8 Likes

:wave: Wow… I came across glitch over a year ago but only yesterday had some time to take a look at what you all have been working on. I am so impressed! What is currently happening on glitch is close to what I thought was happening years ago - when I first learned that the kids were adding html to their myspace.

Glitch looks to be the online community I’ve hoped to be apart of for a while. One that rewards spending time on it - with a valuable education and community. I’m really looking forward to diving in more! I literally deleted my twitter account yesterday because of glitch. For me, Twitter is a huge time suck of useless information. So, I’m going to channel any ‘online social’ activity to glitch and see what happens. What gives me confidence to dive in headfirst is because it’s a pool that came from Fog Creek. :swimming_man:

21 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it. I love your focus - can’t wait to see what you create!

5 Likes

No, thank you! There is so much potential here. I’ve been dabbling with codepen and I have tremendous respect for what they’re doing. But having a terminal and db, combined with the live coding is 10x improvement. I love how generous you are with subdomains. I couldn’t believe myspace.glitch.me was available!

I do have a few specific questions, but I’m going to read through this forum before I ask.

:sunglasses:

14 Likes

Hello everyone I am new to everything I.T. I am attending a career accelerator course in coding of 18 weeks. It is very intense program for someone with no I.T. experience , but I enjoying challenging myself. One of are Instructors just lectured us about Glitch and showed us all the help and resources we have available literally at the tips of are fingers. So with that said I looking forward to reaching out, and getting great feed back from this forum. Have a great day!

10 Likes

Ok i have an issue why are my votes on limit? i got an error trying to vote for some topics and i was asked to unvote previously voted topics

4 Likes

Hello @Bfaschat,

Each member of the forum is only allowed a certain amount of votes total, this is to stop people from voting on every feature idea you see, and will allow you only to vote on the ideas you like the best!

Happy Glitching!

10 Likes

Very polite and straight answer you gave

:slightly_smiling_face: +100

7 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Wrong Git username and password saved

Im getting a glitch error that saids “server error”

4 Likes

Hey @yoyo998 ! There was some error with glitch which has been resolved. https://status.glitch.com/incidents/1hn5v82pgfnv

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t connect to MongoDB from Glitch

4 posts were split to a new topic: Glitch.com says that Microsoft Edge doesn’t support JavaScript

The console does not work

4 Likes